View Single Post
Old Dec 10th, 2022, 18:52   #13
c1800
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by packers1712 View Post
Good evening all apologies for hijacking this thread but some of you very knowledgeable folks may be able to assist me I have a B20E engine in my Amazon on DCOE’s and have just had it on the rolling road but we were unable to gain enough ignition advance and the guy running the dyno said the ignition timing was all over the place, so firstly could my dizzy be worn out and what should I be looking out for and as it’s a B20E unit will that have limited mechanical advance capability? The vac retard isn’t connected by the way!
Doug.
Yes, certainly could be worn out. If you want to take a deep dive into the inner workings of distributors here’s one source:

http://www.sw-em.com/Volvo%20Ignitio...CA%20Servicing

Sticking or broken springs in the distributor could cause your problem. Finding a source to rebuild your Bosch distributor might be worthwhile. Classic VW distributors are similar so you might find a classic VW place that could help you.

Or replace it entirely with a 123 Distributor. Yours is somewhat unique as I assume you’re running the D-Jet FI distributor but running carbs. Might require a different advance curve with carbs. Don’t know. 123 Distributors can be programmed with many different curves.

Let us know how you make out, and good luck.
c1800 is offline   Reply With Quote