View Single Post
Old Dec 23rd, 2022, 17:24   #1
rx6180
Part-timer

Default Timing belt interval 2015 D2 Cross Country

I've actually explored this forum for an answer to my question about timing belt intervals for my 2015 V4 D2 Cross Country and found an answer, but it seems contradictory to what my dealership has told me, so I'm double checking.

My 2.0 litre diesel V40 is exactly seven years old and has covered just over 34,000 miles. My Volvo dealer has not long telephoned me today about the annual service, which due at the end of January 2023. My car has had two minimal lube and filter services in the past two years. So I was expecting a big one this time.

To do all the fluids and filters (brake fluid, coolant, fuel filters, oil etc.) the dealer wants about £480.

Additionally they say its due for the timing belt to be changed. which will add over £500 - total charge for a service, around £1100. That makes my knees go weak, to say the least.

This dealership has been good to me in the past and has appeared to help get me some 'goodwill' repairs paid for by Volvo UK; an EGR valve replacement, and a new inlet manifold when their diagnostics told them the swirl flaps were seized up (I had no idea as I had no warning lights and the car was performing okay, but they said diagnostics detected fault codes). So I have a degree of loyalty to the dealership.

The timing belt interval answer I got from a previous forum post was 90,000 miles or ten years - so my miles are way below that, and the time interval is about three years too soon.

So, where does the dealer get their figures from? Have they got my best interests at heart or are they trying to line their coffers? (Hmm...dumb rhetorical question really...)
rx6180 is offline   Reply With Quote