View Single Post
Old Jan 19th, 2023, 12:38   #11
eugeneville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giles11 View Post
After over 5 years (took delivery of MY18 in Nov 17) and 48k miles, I can’t recommend my T8 highly enough. The only glitches have been the Sensus software and VoC app which are a bit amateurish compared to the standards of current generation cars. I also have the smaller 50 liter tank which is a pain on the few occasions I do long trips.

From what I gather they introduced an improved ERAD for MY18 and, unless mistaken, I haven’t seen any cases on this forum post MY17. I would also add that we do only one or two long journeys per year so I have done about 50-60 per cent of mileage on full electric. This means my brakes are as good as new, as confirmed in last service. And despite having the smaller 10.4 kWh battery, my lifetime average is 54 mpg. No battery degradation either as range is as good as new: between 14 and 25 miles depending on temperature. You’ll get a bit more with the updated battery but it’s probably not the right car if you spend most of your time on the motorway.
Many thanks for your input, really appreciate it.
Unfortunately I've just read a thread on this forum about an MY22 extended range T8 that has a confirmed ERAD failure
https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...=329735&page=2
eugeneville is offline   Reply With Quote