View Single Post
Old Jan 21st, 2023, 10:32   #18
Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5cilinder View Post
1 if you stand in front of the car left is 1 and right is 5

2 correct

3 this is electricly related ...injectorcoil, wiring or the amplifier in the ecm
Most suspect is the wiring.
I also suspect that bad earthing will cause or worsen this
How is the car starting under different temperatures? good idling?
1., 2., thanks

3. Starts fine, regardless of hot or cold. Idles ok. You'd basically never know from its running that there are any codes up. I do get the very occasional momentary loss of power, a bit like an unsmooth gear change on the auto, but I think it's perhaps a very short misfire. This I could easily put down to a slug of water coming through, hence fuel filter change and a wait and see, though the garage didn't find any collected in the filter (unlike my wife's car, which had lots).

Will check the earthing, but what I can see has no corrosion/crystallisation at all.

I recently had a Bosch service centre check the vehicle when it wasn't running right, they found nothing, having checked all the wiring end to end and thought it could be the ECU. Those codes mostly went away when I asked for the Air Mass Meter to be changed, but left these injector codes, so I suspect the AMFM and these injector codes are different issues. At present, clearly intermittent, the hardest type to find.

Thanks again
Dude is offline   Reply With Quote