View Single Post
Old Feb 7th, 2023, 14:40   #7
100K+
Premier Member

I have run 4 V70's over 25yrs+, and as SnineT says they are a van, a limo and have presence. They are however not what I'd call bullet proof. Mechanicals are ok, but if you trawel through this sub forum there are many recurring themes. Sensors/modules for one, suspension weaknesses ( drop links + front wishbones) another. The upside is there are many online places where these repairs can be watched/studied before attempting the repair ( assuming you can juggle the spanners) yourself.

On the other side the V50 : My daughter has run a 59 plate for 10 years, - council refuge trucks have a better life. No dogs but 3 kids and all their bits and bobs. Its serviced when she gets sick of me nagging about it. DOn't think shes run it out of oil, probably cos it don't use any (My V70's did when older -90K+) other than tyres, discs and pads and a recent new battery (13+ years old) its never been touched.. How the &*%$ does that work??. Yes its Ford Focus, but were they not a reliable car???

Which would I take? sorry, V70 gets my vote despite the above comments, but I'd choose T5 or 2.5T there really is not that much of a fuel penalty and the extra performance AHHH!

Cheers
Bob
2002 V70 T5 SE now sold
100K+ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 100K+ For This Useful Post: