View Single Post
Old Feb 12th, 2023, 02:33   #25
andy_d
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick04 View Post
It was between the V50 and V70 for me as well, I nearly got a 2010 V70 2.5T but finally opted for a 2009 V50 2.4i. One of the main reasons for going for the V50 is that my wife uses the car so the V50 was much better suited.

I don't actually think there is a right answer in many respects. It's a bit of a triangle between the P2 V70, V50 and P3 V70. I like the P2 much better than the P3, but the P3 is a better car. If you don't need that size of boot, the P2 isn't that good for rear legroom either, so it would be hard to justify unless you're an enthusiast. The P3 would be the choice if you need decent legroom in the rear along with the good sized boot. The V50 isn't as good quality as the other two but it drives and handles better. It looks better as well. So it all depends what you need it for. If you don't need the massive boot particularly, I'd get a V50. Unless you need the rear legroom, then go for the P3. But you might be an enthusiast, so go for the P2.
your not wrong
a v50 2.4i does handle well, (assuming suspension is all sorted and decent tyres correctly inflated)

the "boot size" is not what i was used to with the 940
but as the car comes with roof rails, adding bars and a top box for those very few occasions the boot isnt Quite big enough soon fixes that,

(family of 4 camping hol = roof box good idea)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andy_d For This Useful Post: