View Single Post
Old Feb 12th, 2023, 10:43   #29
Tannaton
Bungling Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogs View Post
My current V40 is a 2003 SE 2.0, I saved it from going to scrap, I like the performance and can live with the 30mpg, the boot space is OK though I find the cabin to small and cramped after having the Avensis which was an 1.8 hatch.
The biggest problem for me is I need an automatic and I more for comfort then speed nowadays.

I've spoken to a few non Volvo people and non seem very keen on the V50.
I'm going for the petrol because doing the math with fuel prices and mpg with my annual mileage makes running a petrol a bit cheaper and I prefer petrol, the only diesel I've own which I like was a Nissan Terrano which I ran on veg oil in 04,05 33p a litre until the Government spoilt it.

I don't need the rear leg room, only person that goes occasionally in the back is the mother in law and that's only because my wife won't let me put her in the boot.
I think now you have narrowed down your search you need to find some cars at dealers and do some test drives. All your options are sound really, it's down to your personal preference.

Most of us would say V70, it's such a good car, but a good V50 would be a fine car also and if you can find one, the 2.4i Auto's tend to have been bought by the older generation and looked after, usually lower miles too.
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500
1976 Massey Ferguson 135
Tannaton is offline   Reply With Quote