Thread: C30 Engine : - Rough idle when cold
View Single Post
Old Feb 14th, 2023, 11:49   #7
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pphilpot View Post
So my local dealer says that there isn't an update available for my car, and that updates are only performed at services.

I phoned another dealer further away, and they said that there ARE updates available for my car, and one of them is for an ECM Diesel Update. The technician on the phone thinks it's the one that you are referring to 👍 At £100 inc VAT plus a required Diag @ £90 inc VAT it's not eye watering I just hope that I see a difference from it when I find a time to book it in!

Thanks again, Clan
It is shocking the lack of knowledge in the dealers in recent years, you spoke to someone behind the desk who has only been there a couple of years probably, If they don't know they should ask someone who does know rather than make up things . Make sure they read and follow the technical journal rather than just do a software update, there may be a calibration road test required.. perhaps that is what the extra £90 is for. The car has been poorly serviced, you wouldn't be having this problem and forking out £200 if it had been.