View Single Post
Old Feb 16th, 2023, 16:11   #33
sk546
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugeneville View Post
I believe you might have misunderstood me, since I do indeed have the cabin heater turned on. The temperature is set to 24, yet still after say half an hour of driving only cold air is blowing without even a hint of a warm air...

^ as per this picture you can see that it says "Additional heater" and it even says that it will just speed up the process of heating up the cabin. Not that unticking this option will completely stop you from getting any warm air.
From my understanding this engages the fuel fired heater but I'm not certain this is the case, hence wanted to double check here (plus I believe I can smell fumes outside the car when this option is ticked, near the passenger side front fender, where the manual says it is positioned).

I am going to the dealership in Reading next week since my right side view mirror doesn't defrost/defog and I was hoping to understand if I also have a faulty HVCH (high voltage coolant heater) that is meant to heat up the cabin when driving on battery only and without assisting it with the "fuel fired heater" albeit slower.

Could I please ask other T8 owners to report back if you are getting any warm air when on battery and with below "Additional Heater" option unticked.

Thank you very much!
You have to have the additional heater 'enabled' in the setting, not disabled (as you originally state in an earlier post) to get heating when driving in pure/electric mode.
UK spec T8's will have either a fuel powered Auxiliary heater OR an electric powered auxiliary heater but never both. Your car should have the fuel powered Auxiliary heater as the electric powered (high voltage) auxiliary heaters came on MY21 and later cars so I dont think you will have that problem.

'Enable' the additional heater in the settings menu and this should start the auxiliary heater upon startup (or when using the pre-conditioning via the app). This will warm up the coolant system and in turn provide heating to the cabin via the heater matrix, otherwise, start the ICE for a bit and this will provide warmth.
However, I will make sure you are clear with this, driving in electric mode (either in Pure or Hybrid) and having the auxiliary heater 'Disabled' in the menu settings will provide you with zero cabin heating, this is how the system is designed to operate. If you enable the additional heater and you still have no cabin heating in electric mode then you do have a problem and need it looked at.

Hope this helps.

Previous - MY20 XC60 T8 Polestar Engineered - Onyx Black - Sensus
sk546 is offline   Reply With Quote