View Single Post
Old Feb 16th, 2023, 17:11   #34
eugeneville

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk546 View Post
You have to have the additional heater 'enabled' in the setting, not disabled (as you originally state in an earlier post) to get heating when driving in pure/electric mode.
UK spec T8's will have either a fuel powered Auxiliary heater OR an electric powered auxiliary heater but never both. Your car should have the fuel powered Auxiliary heater as the electric powered (high voltage) auxiliary heaters came on MY21 and later cars so I dont think you will have that problem.

'Enable' the additional heater in the settings menu and this should start the auxiliary heater upon startup (or when using the pre-conditioning via the app). This will warm up the coolant system and in turn provide heating to the cabin via the heater matrix, otherwise, start the ICE for a bit and this will provide warmth.
However, I will make sure you are clear with this, driving in electric mode (either in Pure or Hybrid) and having the auxiliary heater 'Disabled' in the menu settings will provide you with zero cabin heating, this is how the system is designed to operate. If you enable the additional heater and you still have no cabin heating in electric mode then you do have a problem and need it looked at.

Hope this helps.
Thank you very much for your input, I really appreciate it.
I wonder if having this option ticked would in any way contribute to the ICE kicking in during driving on Pure?
Having learned from what you've written in my mind it shouldn't have an affect on when ICE turns on. (right?)

P.S. I'd argue that the wording is a bit misleading and should have an additional line stating that when driving the car exclusively on the battery, deselecting this option would result in the loss of heating to the cabin regardless of the temperature selected. Something along the lines of that. Would you agree?
eugeneville is offline   Reply With Quote