View Single Post
Old Feb 20th, 2023, 20:52   #4
Damo6925

That's bad. My experience wasn't much better.

I email about a car on autotrader. I spend a day back and forth with emails over various things. Wouldn't budge on price. Not even £500. It was well priced however.

So, I get an email off him with a finance quote (taking it out to get free services then I'll pay it off within 14 days) 4 mins later I reply saying great I'll pay you a deposit to reserve. 10 mins later he replies "we have a customer unfortunately in the showroom looking at it, if he doesn't want it I'll get back to you"

I emailed him back, I've just asked to reserve the car, before I even knew about this other person who is at this point just looking at it, surely I get preference. No he says, we give preference to people in the showroom.

My reply was, don't bother emailing me back if that's how you do business, I'll take mine elsewhere.

To top it all off, a manager from another dealership emailed me 4 days ago to ask me was I still looking for a car. I replied yes, we exchanged emails regards requirements and he said he would call me the next day. I'm still waiting!

Honestly, I feel like they are doing me a favour selling me a car! What on earth has gone wrong. I won't lie, it's made me think twice about buying a Volvo based on my experience so far.
Damo6925 is offline   Reply With Quote