View Single Post
Old Feb 21st, 2023, 06:07   #5
marky4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damo6925 View Post
That's bad. My experience wasn't much better.

I email about a car on autotrader. I spend a day back and forth with emails over various things. Wouldn't budge on price. Not even £500. It was well priced however.

So, I get an email off him with a finance quote (taking it out to get free services then I'll pay it off within 14 days) 4 mins later I reply saying great I'll pay you a deposit to reserve. 10 mins later he replies "we have a customer unfortunately in the showroom looking at it, if he doesn't want it I'll get back to you"

I emailed him back, I've just asked to reserve the car, before I even knew about this other person who is at this point just looking at it, surely I get preference. No he says, we give preference to people in the showroom.

My reply was, don't bother emailing me back if that's how you do business, I'll take mine elsewhere.

To top it all off, a manager from another dealership emailed me 4 days ago to ask me was I still looking for a car. I replied yes, we exchanged emails regards requirements and he said he would call me the next day. I'm still waiting!

Honestly, I feel like they are doing me a favour selling me a car! What on earth has gone wrong. I won't lie, it's made me think twice about buying a Volvo based on my experience so far.
The Volvo i traded in didn't come from a main dealer , i bought it down in Norwich , to be fair he didn't have a clue what he was selling price wise and i got it very cheap. But the whole process was seemless , the car was immaculate he pointed out a very small scratch and that the load cover was missing but he would forward me one on which he did. . Someone must be making a fortune somewhere selling load covers.
When i took my car for the Volvo on call reactivating at my local dealer he named the dealer i bought the car from without me telling him and said he had heard some bad reports about them .The sales manager was supposed to contact me yesterday but never did so .
Your experience just shows how some dealers treat their customers, it's all about selling cars and commision no customer service. .
marky4 is online now   Reply With Quote