View Single Post
Old Feb 28th, 2023, 14:23   #829
ITSv40
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSv40 View Post
I will have a look in the parts box later. I should be able to photograph the mirror and the motors to show you what is behind the glass.
Attachments show mirror glass and motors.

First: shows the back of the mirror glass. There are four locating pins with two clips - one either side. The pins and clips correspond with the corners of the mirror.

Second: shows the glass lying down so hopefully you will be able to see the pins and clips better.

Third: shows the motor mount with the holes that the pins locate into.
The mirror clips locate behind the bottom edge of the circular ring where the locating holes are.

I prised the mirror glass as far forward in the mirror casing as I could and got one finger behind to hold steady. I could then look in behind the glass and with a small screwdriver managed to release the clips - one corner at a time. Although done very carefully it was all 'sh*t or bust' although it all came apart remarkably easy.

Fourth: shows the motor mount as you view once the glass is removed.

The long white bar across the centre is the 'seesaw and wobble board' that the mirror adjusts on. on either side is an electric motor - one for up and down and the other for in and out. The ends of the motor have a small pinion cog that acts on a small plastic rack which in turn is mounted to the 'wobble board' by a ball and socket. The racks are the white things either side of the central seesaw at the top of the mount. The righthand one is intact, but the lefthand one is broken - only the ball and socket is left, the rack has broken off.

Once the mirror glass is off, you can operate the mechanism and see what is happening. once all is good it is a simple job to line up the four locating pins and firmly press the glass into position to locate the clips. Don't forget the electrical connections for the heating element. HTH.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20230228_132115.jpg (95.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 20230228_132155.jpg (76.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 20230228_132253.jpg (104.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 20230228_132215.jpg (108.7 KB, 10 views)
ITSv40 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ITSv40 For This Useful Post: