View Single Post
Old Mar 2nd, 2023, 16:11   #4
Movi
Movi

Thumbs up SatNav - the ongoing saga...

Thanks very much for the response, ele288, and the Wiki link 👍🏻

To the best of my knowledge, the people who imported the vehicle have installed and updated the UK maps (plus, they re-uploaded them at my local Volvo dealer), so I'm assuming the importers also changed the region because all the non SatNav menus are in English, and they all work.

However, the SatNav part of the display doesn't have anywhere you can enter a city, town, village, street or postcode, and the only two options to make it work are to enter a landline telephone number (when the keypad allows me to, which it doesn't every time), or I can "try" to use the "point on map" command (haven't worked out how to do that yet).

I have quite a few photos of the SatNav display when it's sort-of working, and, on two of the screens, there are some black rectangles, as though part of the screen has been blocked out or is effectively missing - especially after pressing the very first "Set Destination" command (the most important one).

The mystery continues, as does my research.

I fear I might just have to use my iPhone, which I don't really want to do.

Either that or look at the Apple CarPlay/Android units you can buy which attach to the windscreen or dashboard - but they have to be plugged in to the 12V power and, if you want to use the car's speaker system, another messy lead has to connect from the unit to the car's AUX input.

Sigh.

Thanks again, ele288 🙃
Movi is offline   Reply With Quote