View Single Post
Old Mar 8th, 2023, 15:04   #5
Beadybc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rversteeg View Post
From quickly reading the manual it seems that this is a simple open/close solenoid valve in the line between the inlet manifold and the wastegate actuator. As long as the actual inlet manifold (turbo) pressure is lower than the set pressure the valve is closed, preventing any turbo pressure from reaching the wastegate actuator. The waste gate will remain closed, regardless of any actuator spring you put in. As soon as the required maximum turbo pressure is reached, the solenoid will open the valve and turbo pressure flows to the actuator, opening the waste gate.
I installed my mechanical boost controller the same way and this has been working for many years now. I don't see why you would need the T-piece or mess with stronger or weaker actuator spring. The spring only needs to close the waste gate after the turbo pressure has dropped again.
Rob
So do you reckon I try using my manual boost controller instead of the electronic one and connect it between the wastegate actuator and the turbo housing?
Beadybc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beadybc For This Useful Post: