View Single Post
Old Apr 19th, 2023, 20:36   #11
Turbodave
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slabby1997 View Post
Used ones seem to be like hens teeth! I've hedged my bets a bit. I found a reasonably priced genuine Bosch one in the US on ebay and I've ordered that. I've also ordered a brand new one from Volvo directly. I can always sell the ebay one on if necessary.

Also found a few on Sweden's version of ebay, so that could be a potential source.
I'll put the feelers out for you sir... and will chase up a couple of guys who came back to me as a "maybe" but haven't heard from since. If I find one, you're welcome to it. I don't see the point in hoarding, these things are getting harder to get bits for so helping each other out (or at least the good guys!) should be encouraged.

I have one here, complete with a tatty housing but as said... a tiny fragment of the element that sits in the air flow has broken away. But what's thrown me is the car runs the same with my replacement one fitted... so either my original one was actually doing its job ok or the replacement is also iffy. Given my cars reluctance to drive smoothly on very light throttle, hat's got me wondering now...

May have to "borrow" one from a willing victim to try, just to eliminate that doubt in my mind or indeed, confirm I've sourced a dodgy one.

The joys!
Turbodave is online now   Reply With Quote