View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2023, 05:59   #21
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1Roll View Post
C Would be my option, with a caveat that I still might rebuild a B230E for fun to drop in at a later date.
B is not me (although I might consider getting some standard volvo alloy wheels to replace the steels it is on now).

A new toy arrived from Amazon this afternoon, a wifi endoscope for the grand sum of £20. It had a lot of good reviews.. when I opened the pack, I found a card offering me a £20 amazon voucher if I left a review with a video and pictures
Free endoscope!
In actual fact though, I'm really impressed with it, the picture is quite clear...

It's actually hit the inlet valve on all 4 cylinders.
(the other mark in the second picture was where I poked something into No1 to see if I was approaching TDC when diagnosing the breakdown originally)

That said, I don't think knowing this changes much now, when I went to pick up the C70 from its MOT (a pass) I showed the pictures and the video of it running. His opinion - "if it were mine I wouldn't bother taking the head off for that, the compression is good enough and it sounds alright"

So I'll sleep on it, but I think I'm going to carry on..
I think that is pretty sensible, COA 'c' makes most sense; you have just about dodged a bullet so you might as well take advantage of that.

I'd agree about getting a set of 15" Volvo alloy wheels, they would look very smart and cost very little. I acquired a set of Pholus wheels (from a 940), reconditioned then myself and they only cost about £60:

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showp...postcount=2076

I think they look smart and still have them on my current 240.

Well done on the cheap (free) endoscope!