View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2023, 14:18   #7
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancee View Post
Paint code very likely to be found on a sticker somewhere on the car, usually in one of the door shuts and three digits.

Poo poo it if you wish, but I was told by an experienced paint sprayer that plastic panels will often show a slightly different shade to metal panels when sprayed with the same colour paint. I don't know if the manufacturers possibly allow for this in slightly modifying the shade of paint to allow for this when assembled ?

Don't shoot me down but after he said it I did have a perception, possibly misguided, when looking at some other cars including my own (Volvos) that there was something in what he said.

Therefore at the end of the day, when painting plastic panels (bumpers), probably best to paint the whole panel ?

Try main dealer for OE paint. It's available in base colour aerosol and 2 pack laquer and in my experience is VERY good. Some older colours are NLA, my local Volvo dealer informed me of this for Titanium Grey Pearl 455, although FRF Volvo in Swansea say they can supply it, so perhaps try them. Recently quoted £32.77 for the 2 part kit including delivery. Might sound relatively expensive, BUT it's good stuff and in the past gave me a great colour match. FRF may also be able to advise you of the correct colour for the "odd" under bumper areas that you mention.

There, another rambling post from me, but some of it may help ?
I think you are mistaken.

All the cars of this era had silver plastic at the bottom of the bumpers. It is just coincidental that the OP also has a silver car. Mine is magic blue (code 467) and silver inserts.

I want to know what silver colour to use - as does the OP.
- MY17 V60 T4 Power Blue.
Previously:- 1997 V70 T5 exPolice; 2005 V50 2.0D; 2013 XC70 D5
Philip Fisher is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Philip Fisher For This Useful Post: