View Single Post
Old May 23rd, 2023, 23:54   #7
SalvadorP
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rversteeg View Post
On my '98 940 LPT / AC the rigid pipes of the heater matrix stick through the bulkhead. So the pipes you see when you remove the rubber hoses, are actually the pipes of the heater matrix itself. You can be sure that it is the matrix itself that is leaking.

Attached picture of the matrix, encircled pipes stick through the firewall. A new OEM matrix is about 210 / 250 Euro, a Nissens imitation about 50 Euro.
ok, that's what I thought you meant, but I wanted to be sure. Thanks for clarifying.
For now, given it's summer and all, just for the sake of practicality I'll just bypass the matrix, but I might replace it in the winter. I very very rarely turn the heater on. Not only because there is no need, but also my partner hates all sorts of ambient/air heating for some reason. So realistically, I probably would be better not even replacing it at all, since it would be one less part that could fail and no risk of damaging plastics on the dash.

Does the Nissens have fitment issues? I've read of some people having trouble with fitting aftermarket.