View Single Post
Old Jun 9th, 2023, 07:26   #39
Chris1Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
Wow, a fuel gauge that actually does something! A novelty on a 7/9xx i reckon!

That greeny/yellow telltale is actually your sidelights on warning - designed to let you know the sidelights are on if you've been driving on sidelights and switched the ignition off. The sidelights remain on if the headlamp switch is in the sidelights position.
Interesting.
I'm not sure mine was working quite as intended, if the ignition was on, it was lit, -in all three positions of the headlamp switch.
So it was working as a 'your ignition on' light. Is that how it is for everyone?
To be fair I didn't mess with the headlamp switch with the ignition off to check that.
Being lit all the time no wonder it was blown. The white plastic around it was all browned.
That does remind me it's been a long time since I had a flat battery from leaving the lights on.... I can get to the bulbs without pulling the multiplugs so perhaps I'll replace it.

Quote:
You removed the speedo needle to do the job, didn't you? If you got it back a couple of degrees out from where it should be, it will read 4-5mph fast all the way. Usually speedos read 5-10% fast, my 760 read ~14% fast until i fitted 195/65/15s on it, then only about 7-8% fast - 205/70/15s would have pretty much corrected it completely but not worth the extra cost.

Sounds like you've made some excellent progress there!
Yes.
I did in fact take a picture of it's position before removal to compare to when refitting

The worst car we had before was a W reg P2 V70. Just over 80 on the speedo was 70 GPS.

Have you checked the odo with the different tyres? In theory it will be running.. fast I think?
Chris1Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris1Roll For This Useful Post: