View Single Post
Old Jul 17th, 2023, 21:00   #45
duke1
mad mechanic

hi all long time since my last post and in this time the car has been great reliable and i still love to drive it!
but the time has come at some 160000 miles on clock that the clutch is in need of replacement and as the main dealers no longer have the clutch available i have bought an luk clutch kit from arnold clarks for £160 and very quick delivery it came today and is the correct part number and all present and correct.
this will as normal be done out on the drive outside my house and weather permitting to this end i have bought an engine support bar with 2 hook points and a nice new set of axle stands as i seem to have lost the top bit off one of mine,no idea how or where having searched high and low,sure it will turn up 5 minutes after the new ones come!
i did look on youtube for a vid on doing the clutch on the 855 but robert only has one from after removing the gearbox not from the start and only other i can find is in german,hopefully i shall work it out as i go as per normal.
also ordered a new crankshaft rear oil seal just to be on the safe side as its bound to go pop a few miles down the road.
i shall update as i go for anyone interested,peace