View Single Post
Old Aug 7th, 2023, 13:33   #18
Rversteeg
Master Member

Default Scotland

Just returned from almost three weeks in Scotland. Stunning scenary and not overcrowded. We loved the old ferry at Glenelg and were blessed with beautiful weather at the Isle of Skye for several days. The narrow winding roads are a pleasure to drive and because a 940 is relatively narrow, passing on single track roads was also quite easy.
Taking the ferry from Rotterdam to Hull Scotland is not that far, but all in all we have put about 2500 miles in addition to the already 450K our trusty 940 has covered sofar. With a little bit of planning (myLPG.eu) we only needed to drive 10 miles once on petrol to reach the single LPG station on Skye, the rest we managed on LPG.
As a daily driver our 940 gets its regular maintenance, so I was not overly concerned about the trip. It passed the Dutch equavalent of the MOT with flying colours just 2 weeks before. I did carry some tools and parts I have collected over the years as spare (eg fuel relay, spare ECU, ignition coil), but this is more for ease of mind than really necessary.
It struck me how few 700/900 there are left on the UK roads. I noticed one in Glasgow and passed one on the Motorway going home again last week. Could even have been the same one... In the Dutch roads I encounter at least one every day and in the neighborhood of my hometown I know of at least four in a half a mile radius!
Rversteeg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rversteeg For This Useful Post: