View Single Post
Old Aug 15th, 2023, 08:12   #512
Thekilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forg View Post
I don't drive an EV, but two of the sets of chargers are near where I park at the local shopping centre. I've seen the set-of-three full, but the bank of what I think is about 10-12 hasn't ever been full that I've seen - and I usually get around to shopping at around 10am-11am on a Saturday or Sunday.

My wife's going through a desire to see movies on half-price Tuesday in the day-beds, every week, and one strange thing I HAVE noticed recently is Teslas arriving to charge at times between 9pm & 11pm. I dunno if they're parking there all night & live in one of the nearby unit blocks, or if they're doing their groceries late at night so nobody else will be around ... one fair hypothesis is also that the chargers DO get full at times when I've not been there.
Superchargers alter pricing depending in the time of day, cheaper overnight and more expensive during rush hour. If that supercharger is close to a city, it’s most likely people taking advantage of cheap charging compared to inner city chargers, or if they don’t have the capacity to charge at home. On the app you can see how many chargers are free and the cost. We did a trip up to London, left fully charged and before we left charged at Westfield for 30 mins to ensure we hand plenty of charge left when we got home as I’m still running off the 3 pin plug. This was a Thursday and there were plenty of chargers. You get an hour free parking too when you check in at the Tesla shop. I would of expected that to be rammed but it wasn’t.