View Single Post
Old Aug 15th, 2023, 16:18   #300
4x4
Premier Member

@ ITSv40 It's not a real car though, it's only an old Ford...

One of the first things I did when I bought the car was to have 4 new tyres fitted. I ordered 4x 205/50R16 tyres from National Tyres and they were fitted the very day the UK went into Covid lockdown. Once fitted the car was taken a short drive and then tucked away in the garage as we were not allowed to go out, I did notice on the drive that the balance was not correct but with everywhere closed there was nothing I could do. A few weeks later when in the garage tinkering I noticed the front nearside and rear offside tyres were 205/55R16 and the other two were the correct size. I contacted National tyres and they ordered in another two tyres the correct size. When I went to have them fitted I told them that I thought the balance was out and after they fitted the correct size tyres they re-balanced the wheels saying they were indeed out, however there has always been a slight vibration starting at around 65mph.

3 years on and coming back from Dumfries at the weekend and at motorway speeds I decided I had enough and took the car into RD Tyre Service to have them re-balanced, Gerry was a pleasure to deal with, he was careful not to mark the wheels and torqued them to the correct 110Nm. His findings were O/S front 10 grams out, N/S front 15 grams out, O/S rear 30 grams out, N/S rear was fine.

Took the car a blast up the motorway and it's as smooth as butter.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg RD1.jpg (214.1 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg RD2.jpg (179.2 KB, 52 views)
Volvo 850 GLT website
4x4 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 4x4 For This Useful Post: