View Single Post
Old Aug 22nd, 2023, 22:29   #2
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_forty View Post
I recently bought a 2009 XC90, which has both an On Call and SOS button on the dashboard. I get a message 'on call deactivated' on each start up. Having read up what on call is, what features would I get for the £35 annual subscription on a car of this age?

I can't find out if the SOS feature will work without a current on call subscription either?
You need it registered to your own name and address, It is still registered to the previous owner no doubt. A dealer can advise on this.

There are two parts to this system:

SAFETY If you have a crash the car will report it back to the call centre who will phone your car and talk to you to see what the situation is. Even if you are unable to move you can still talk to them. The operator will send the emergency services . This service is standard and free . you can press the red SOS button and get through to the call centre and they will do their best to give you information or help if you break down or even need info on your current location,

SECURITY This is what the subscription is for . you or the police are able to get the location from the call centre if the car gets stolen.

Volvo pioneered this system over 20 years ago, Only in very recent years has it become mandatory on all new cars, much like all other volvo safety innovations.