View Single Post
Old Sep 21st, 2023, 00:52   #13
Baffler
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointer7 View Post
Hi Baffler,

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I am having the same issue with my D4, feels like a flat spot around 1500-2000 rpm, is it possible to clean it in situ? I have stuffed a brake cable down there and it does go a fair way in but is it safe to spray something down the pipe and then try the cable again? is there anything at the bottom of the pipe that might be damaged from spraying cleaner in there?
The banjo end of the pipe is attached to downpipe so any crud you manage to push through or fluid you spray down there will most likely end up on the DPF. Will the crud be cleared during or after the next regen...you can't be certain...hence why I removed the complete pipe.

The inner brake cable I used was about one foot in length whilst spraying cleaner and working the cable at the same time it eventually cleared after about 30 mins but remember this was off the car.

The EMAP sensor itself is some form of piezoelectric sensor so gently clean away any carbon with spray cleaner to reveal the tip within the recess.

Use gloves and eye protection!

'96 854 TDI SE, '99 V70 2.5D S, '05 C70 2.0T Collection, '05 S80 2.0T SE, '15 V70 D4 SE Lux Nav.
Baffler is offline   Reply With Quote