View Single Post
Old Oct 4th, 2023, 17:06   #11
duke1
mad mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffler View Post
Taken from Volvo / Pocket Data Booklet Cars / 850 / Diagnostic Trouble Codes / ABS

141 = Faulty pedal sensor, shorted to ground or supply.
142 = Faulty stop (brake) lamp switch, open circuit or short circuit.
212 = Right side front wheel sensor, no signal when moving off.

Have you tried to delete these codes and see what comes back? I can't remember the erase procedure so maybe someone else can advise how to delete via the engine bay port.

And have you tried the cardboard/wedge trick between the multiplug and module or is it very different on early Alter 2 cars?

Also, given the amount of parts you've changed out I'm wondering if this could be a wiring/multiplug issue and a possible cause for your intermittent 12v supply? You may need to test each wire/connection for continuity and monitor resistance across each one or, at least, open up and inspect the harness for physical damage.
hi i got the code list off mvs forum so i do not understand this at all! if thats the case it makes sense as today i opened the brake position sensor and just like on the thread here it was broken at the solder joint and for just a second i had hope but i soldered it back and refitted but the evil thing is still there.
i drove it a half mile or so after in hopes it would go out but still there.
the brake lights are working fine but as switch is cheap i will replace it anyway,see i intend to keep this car for the rest of my/its life and if i end up with a few extra spare parts esp hard to find ones im happy with that,but theres a limited supply for this early 850 and so many bits cost 10x more than for same part on later 850s and v70s no idea why that is.
i shall look for the source of the codes you found but i did and keeps asking for subscription and card details but says free? any other source to accurate for early 94 850 codes? thank you for reply