View Single Post
Old Oct 8th, 2023, 23:11   #9
Sjaunja

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.wigley View Post
Another thought; does the starter crank the engine strongly but does not start, in which case, I would suspect the CPS, although sudden complete failure is unlikely in my experience.
The crank sounded as normal. I even started the engine during a phone call with my German meister. He said ist sounds normal.

Quote:
Or does it not crank at all, or only very slowly? If so, that might suggest a failed battery. How old is the battery on your car? Modern batteries can fail very suddenly, my wife once had one die completely on her 740 in the time that it took for her to dispense and pay for her fuel - 10 minutes max.
Battery is relatively new. And it survived many starts after the refueling.
So I would exclude the battery.

Quote:
If you had 15 litres remaining, it is highly unlikely that you have sucked anything up from the bottom of your own tank, so that is something else ruled out.
Yes I agree.

Quote:
While it is generally OK, supermarket fuel can sometimes be problematic. Chances are that it is OK, but wherever possible I always buy branded fuel, even though it costs a little more. One way to check is to look at Facebook or similar social media to see if others in the area have experienced problems.
This is similar in the UK and in Germany....

Quote:
You are of course quite right that fuel related problems normally arise after a couple of hundred metres or so, I was just thinking out loud given that you had already eliminated the more obvious possibilities.
Thats absolutely fine! Sometimes the most obvious reasons are not seen.

Quote:
Whatever it is, I'm sure that you will get to the bottom of it. Good luck - I'm sure Volvomax will be able to help you out given the circumstances.

Regards, John.
Thank you. I hope so too
Regards
Michel
Sjaunja is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sjaunja For This Useful Post: