Thread: Seriously?
View Single Post
Old Oct 15th, 2023, 18:56   #5674
ITSv40
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve 940 View Post
Yes, but do you put something between magnet and car to protect scratches etc??.

Cheers
Steve
I have inspected many cars in the past with a magnet - in front of the vendor. I have never asked permission and never had protests from the vendor. In my view it is just a tool to help determine what I am looking at is what I would want to purchase. If the vendor protested at my approach I would soon be leaving his company and be looking elsewhere.

I have always tried to be polite, however, it is hard at times with some sellers. We went to look at a Mini Cooper for 'er indoors. I sat in the drivers seat and immediately got a wet backside. The interior had been washed but not dried and the seats were still soggy. I then lifted the bonnet and pulled the dipstick and bone dry. The vendor pleaded with me to buy and assured me he would fill the engine with oil. No thanks. If seeing a car that does not come up to scratch. I simply say : I'm sure the car is worth what you are asking, but it is not for me, and walk away.
ITSv40 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ITSv40 For This Useful Post: