View Single Post
Old Oct 15th, 2023, 19:49   #56
Petey80
Premier Member

Default Front Splitter Installation

My Maxton copy splitter arrived the other week from e-bay

The box was HUGE!!

Of course I had to open it up and have a gander at the splitter

There was a few marks on it that I was hoping were only as far/deep as the protective film that was over the entire splitter.

Flipped it over

A pack of fitting bolts and screws was taped to it

None of which I ended up using when it came to installing it.

And a quality control sticker

And also a fitting instruction sheet, which again was of no use

Through the week, I took a trip up to a friends place that owns a garage and got to fitting it.

My friend had some good self tapping screws, so we used them

All fitted really well and nice and flush to the front bumper. No fettling was required to make it fit or anything.

Got some better pictures the day after

Really chuffed with it. Looks good and finishes the front end off nicely. Thankfully, the marks were only on the protective film and not the actual splitter.

You may have noticed a couple of pictures up, a flag type badge in the middle of the splitter. I had a plan to have that badge along with a moose badge, dead centre of the splitter. It's kind of how the actual Maxton Design splitter is with their logo dead centre.
Unfortunately, the moose badge was too big for the little area of splitter on show, but of course I'd already put the black R badge on and off centre.....
I have now ordered another R badge to be placed dead centre on the splitter, so will take closer pictures to show what is going on there.

Whilst we were on, we also changed the front and rear discs and pads for the ATE stuff I had already purchased.

No pictures of that unfortunately, just finished pictures the day after.

Fronts

Rears (still to bedded in)

Brakes are now sharp as hell. Hardly any force is needed on the pedal and the brakes kick in really well. Just a matter of time for the rears to bed in properly and get rid of the coating that is on the discs.

Next up, caliper painting, but not sure when that will happen????

Thread V40 T2 R-Design - https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...56#post2901756
Thread V50 D2 R-Design - https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=264890 - CRASHED
Petey80 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Petey80 For This Useful Post: