View Single Post
Old Nov 9th, 2023, 08:25   #15
chefshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thong View Post
Main Dealers are supposed to be the shining light of professionalism with what they charge. Yes Yes I’ve heard the “it pays for the nice courtesy car” and “it pays for the complimentary coffee’s” etc and so on. But, they the garages with the Manufacturers name over the door so therefore they should be giving no less than a 100% right??? Yeah??? Errrrmmmm no, wheel bolts left loose, losing the wheel bolt covers, breaking the air box and then trying to bodge it, not once but twice. Doing the Polestar upgrade and then not bothering to fill out the relevant paperwork.
This is unacceptable behaviour for a main dealership by any measure but it happens. I had a disagreement with a service manager over why they wouldn’t service my car. Errrmmm, it has an LPG system in it. And? Your fitting new pads and disks. Yeah but we’ve got no LPG trained mechanics. But the brakes are nowhere near the LPG system. Yeah, but we’re not insured for LPG…. Oh for ffs, what do I have to do to spend money here!!! A month later he was gone and another service manager took over and I was perving are the used car pitch and the new service manager came out. We hit on to the subject of my previous visit and he said….. The previous service manager was talking rubbish, we’re covered for all that etc etc. FFS!!! What goes on between these peoples ears??
The Air Box and LPG issue was Tollbar Volvo who since lost the Agency to Listers. I drive a Subaru now and so far so good, their service has been better if not more expensive

TT
ok so when i broke down the aa chap was there and a cop car came flying in and i thought f**k whats going on.
turns out TWO kia's had broken down on the same stretch of road one had come from a main dealer (they only put one wheelnut on so wheel fell off at 70mph on a dual carriageway), 2nd was they had only fitted brake pads to one wheel so couldnt slow down. neither car had wheel braces so cops came to AA to borrow tools!

the 2nd car had come from a famous car parts place, rhymes with shalhordes...

so yes branded folk are equally ****e at quality
chefshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chefshoes For This Useful Post: