View Single Post
Old Nov 17th, 2023, 14:57   #5
bananarama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enfield View Post
I tried to return mine too, I gave up after several weeks. I bought 20L of jws3309 oil as per the physical handbook. It didn't fix it. I since bough 20L of jws3324 from Westway and its loads better. I am actually about to leave for an appointment at Volvo to get the TCM updated. I've also replaced the upper torque mount and the lower left one (which was rock solid, unlike the new one which is pliable).

The online handbook says to use AW1 which conflicts with the physical one. Further research tells me that Volvo have a modified version for the front main seals which cures the problem, but to have the box out it makes sense to fully rebuild it, but I am trying the cheaper things first.

Edit: TCM updated, no difference made. Next to change the lower right engine mount and powerfllex insert, and maybe one more oil change.
WOAH! How unlucky for your handbook to say JWS 3309. Your V70 is 2013 right? It definitely uses the more recent JWS 3324 (AKA as AW-1 I hope because that's what I've used).

20L worth is ~6 changes so should be pretty pure now. It still bangs into D I take it? What else does it do?

I didn't manage to return mine because the problem went away as soon as their "gearbox expert" turned up to take a look. It came back a few months later though, so I suspect most of my problem was due to contamination and/or worn valve-body. A thorough ATF change seems to have fixed the intermittent problem (because it does come back from time to time), or the TCM has done enough to deal with it so I dare not update it because for now it works. How come you were unable to return yours?
bananarama is offline   Reply With Quote