View Single Post
Old Nov 19th, 2023, 06:21   #1
Pedro10

Question Some Issues - 09’ V70 2.0D (136) R-Design

Morning everyone,

This is my first post and I’m now 24 hours into my Volvo ownership. First, I’ve read a lot of useful information on the forum so far, it’s great .

So, I test drove and bought a 2009 V70, 2.0D (136) R-Desifn yesterday. The car drove great on the test drive (a mixture of roads and speeds). It had a NEW DPF and ful filter a bit over a month ago.
On the way home (160 miles) the ‘Soot Filter Full’ warning came up. I was up to operating temperature by this point so kept her steady at about 60mph in 5th and the warning went after about 15 mins.
Fast forward and the warning came back, plus the little ‘Emission’ warning light on the dash. More steady driving and the ‘soot filter full’ went away but the ‘emission’ light remains. No limp mode and drove well all the way (apart from the front LHS brake binding a bit, not concerned about this as a simple fix). There seemed to be very momentary (split seconds) loss of power when accelerating harder but hardly noticeable.

From what I have read on here, I have learnt that it could be caused by any of the following (I’m sure this list isn’t extensive and I’m no expert so learning as I go):
EGR valve sticking
DPF pressure sensor
Air intake leak
DPF (unlikely as it’s only a month old?)
Fuel Filter (Again, unlikely as a month old?)

Also have a ‘maintenance overdue’ warning but, again, I knew this and have planned to do an oil change etc this week.

Apologies for the long explanation. I’d really appreciate any advice on this as I want to get her fixed up before I lose any love for it.

Thanks very much in advance
Pedro10 is offline   Reply With Quote