View Single Post
Old Nov 25th, 2023, 16:41   #2
dhr90

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBob74 View Post
Not been on here for a while, but am looking for any advice on the replacement of the front sunroof drain valve (the bit that passes through the bulkhead into the scuttle area under the windscreen).

The background is that after finding the rear carpet soaking wet and testing for leaks I found the passenger sunroof drain is leaking down the bulkhead behind the dash. On inspection under the scuttle panel I can see the rubber "+" shaped drain valve (also known as the pass through) is missing on that side, and the drain tube is disconnected from the tube as it disappears behind the screen heater vent on the top of the dash.

Looking on youtube there are various videos on this but all seem to relate to the XC90, XC70 and XC60. On the V60 I can't even get a finger to where the joint behind the dash is, never mind remove and replace the rubber piece which has, I assume, rotted out.

I have most of the passenger side of the car out including the front carpets to dry (the rear carpet is currently spaced off the floor pan to help dry it out) but am stuck on what to do next. I don't really fancy having to take the dash out in order to reach the failed drain valve! Equally it *might* be possible to reach with the windscreen removed, but I don't want to go to the expense if it isn't!

Just wondered if anyone has had this part replaced or knows if it is possible with the dash still fitted. I'm going to remove the glovebox next to see it there is any access from below once I have the carpets dry (so I have something to kneel on).
Did you ever solve this? I think I have exactly the same problem. I have the front carpet out, removed the glove box, even thought it might be behind the wheel arch liner so removed a the wheel and the liner (worth it to clear the rotting debris to be fair), but just can’t get to the pipe. Really don’t fancy removing the dash, or the inevitable massive bill of getting a garage to do it.