View Single Post
Old Nov 27th, 2023, 23:27   #5
Darthstinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamG View Post
My first task was to confirm the right parts. I used the Brembo website, which showed a single option for rear disc 09.B026.11 and two pad options (one standard, one updated), so went for the standard P86 021. For front, there are two disc options, a 328mm and 324mm diameter. The photo attached shows where on my front caliper the size is stamped, right at the very top. For me, 324mm which is 09.C522.11. Front pads showed two options, for me the P86 026 corresponded with my VIN number and year.

A quick log onto AutoDoc this morning showed additional discount for “Cyber Monday” and I therefore paid £211.60, splashing out extravagantly £3.95 on the Safe Order no-quibble free return (just in case).

I did get a price from Mon Volvo in Cardiff - £1,170.60 fitted or £774.60 parts only. That’s a whopping £396 labour for what must only be a 1-1.5hr job if you have a workshop/ramp etc. It’ll only take me around 2hrs on my drive with a trolley jack and axle stand.

Check the fitting closely as the 1st set of front pads I picked up from AutoDoc were listed as compatible for my v60 but didn’t fit (depth was out). AutoDoc DO list the dimensions for each part which helps…

PS if you use the AutoDoc app and ‘check in’ daily you get 10p each day you check in which can be used to off set your purchase (not all at once but hey its free cash none the less - I’ve been doing it for 6 months and upto £27 of credit)

PPS - Replace the disk retaining nut (torx jobbie), about £3 each from AutoDoc if you can…previous owner reused mine and it stripped causing me to drill it out - which was a pain…

DS
Darthstinky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Darthstinky For This Useful Post: