Thread: Radio/Stereo: - V70 SC900 intermittent FM signal
View Single Post
Old Dec 4th, 2023, 04:20   #14
greenz
The Learner Who Teaches

Exclamation bounce to the tune of the skipped frequencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxobarge View Post
Nope, on the SC900 there's just the one co-ax socket.

Understand what you're saying about the multiplugs, and I'd agree. Also agree that it's more likely to be a dry joint somewhere, but I very much doubt that it's in the main radio unit as I replaced the whole unit for a second hand one I bought, and surely the chances of them both having the same fault are tiny?

So, let's assume it's a dry joint in the vicinity of the centre console, but where could that be?

By way of update, I just went out in the car and after stopping at the shops when I started again I got the fault - Radio display on but silence. I turned the volume right up and there was some crackling and buzzing like radio interference, so definitely an antenna-related fault IMHO. I thumped the centre console again and got sound for a moment, then silence again. Half way back home it came on again all by itself, and stayed on until I got home - also typical of a dry joint type fault I reckon.

This is really driving me mad, however thanks for the help so far, any more bright ideas are very welcome!
did you figure out what it was yet? having same problems in 06 xc70. intermittent comes in an out when it wants to.
greenz is offline   Reply With Quote