View Single Post
Old Dec 7th, 2023, 15:10   #43
robtherunner

I might as well add my V60 2018 into the arena with everyone else. However, what I've encountered is that once the tailgate has opened to the full position it then POWERS down with some force to knock you out if you're unlucky to be in the way. If you try and force it back up, the motor seems to try and drive down.

To me it seems like the problem is to do with the shaft encoder sensor which is used to determine its position. I can't recall the exact programming procedure but it involves pressing and holding the "Tailgate" button for 5 seconds or something like that. This can be used to set the maximum height for your boot to open, say if you have a low ceiling in your garage. However all this is for nothing if the damn thing doesn't work!

So, like everyone else I'm hunting down a replacement as I'm very unhappy giving Volvo any more hard earned money for them to rip me off even more! I've been quoted £900 for the pair, as they don't know which one has "failed". It's pretty poor to be honest.

I'm armed with a number of part numbers and will see what I can muster. :-)
robtherunner is offline   Reply With Quote