View Single Post
Old Dec 14th, 2023, 17:15   #104
HG2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owee View Post
Hello again...looks like the ERAD has struck back!! Car hesitates when you put it into D after reversing (seems fine when you start car and drive off!!) Nothing happens when you put it into D and after about 10secs ICE comes on, car will start moving then about 3 secs later car will jolt forward, I assume that's the electric motor coming to life.
Bit disappointing as when the ERAD was changed in July 21, was told its the new redesigned part (was told 3k worth of repair was carried out) and its lasted just under 23k.
I have seen people mention new ERAD clutch, is this something separate to the ERAD?
Same problem - just been quoted £3.5k to replace ERAD on a 2017 T8 model with 38k miles on the clock. Have complained to Volvo as problem has persisted for past 18mnths with two warning lights that a full service couldn't get rid of.

The issue is annoying as I use the car so little (and Endeavour Automotive are so bad at after sales service) that I just hoped it could be repaired at the next service. Of course i am now being told it's out of warranty and there's no guarantee that driving on this unknown issue won't have damaged the engine.

A the same time they tell me the ERAD issue is unrelated to usage
HG2023 is offline   Reply With Quote