Thread: D5 (D5244T to 2005) - Injector readings (MPG lower than normal)
View Single Post
Old Dec 26th, 2023, 12:00   #1
RPhoboS

Default Injector readings (MPG lower than normal)

I'm just going through some tests to figure out why I've suddenly gotten worse fuel economy on my D5 (one particular journey is usually 57mpg - now is 37mpg).

I cleaned the throttle body, was really gunked up, just a lot of brake cleaner sprayed in, and gently cleaned with a mf cloth (no pushing the flap).
I'd assume the EGR and the rest of the intake is probably in the same state (140k miles).

Vida is reporting that glow plugs 2 & 3 aren't happy, so new ones will be installed tomorrow.

The MAF sensor was clean but I used a a little contact cleaner on it, without touching anything just let it dry out.

The MAP sensor was just replaced, the old one was a bit wet, oily - and the paint on the little thing dangling had come off (tbh I don't think there was anything wrong with it).
I'm wondering if the intercooler might need cleaning out or if it's leaking slightly, to replace it but no loss of power.

I just quickly did this test for the injectors, seems like 1 & 4 are the most out currently but not sure if that's a large percentage out ?

Appreciate any pointers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg injector Readings.jpg (306.8 KB, 26 views)
RPhoboS is offline   Reply With Quote