Thread: D5 (D5244T to 2005) - Injector readings (MPG lower than normal)
View Single Post
Old Jan 4th, 2024, 12:35   #12
5cilinder
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPhoboS View Post
I just performed the leak back test, all looks ok, colour is a little off on 2 & 3 due to a little rust from the connectors.
This was just an idle test for 4 mins, first photo is at 1 min, 2nd at 4 mins.

The thing is I can see the MPG info going down when I'm just sitting there idling

So it's possibly not the MAF if the car drives fine, no codes at all, all of the power ?

Just to ensure I understand you correctly, you mean remove the intercooler and pressure test it off of the car ? (if so, I'll need to get someone else to do it as I don't have a kit for it, I have a compressor just not the fittings for something like that)
I have noticed dry oil residue on the front left o the intercooler, as well as oil residue inside the pipe that goes to the throttle body, I've just no idea how long it's been there as I inherited the car from my late step father.

Thanks again
-Mpg is going down... because you use fuel but dont increase the distance.

-You need the maf for egr and power or it will throw a code and go in limp mode, you need air mass measurement for knowing the right fuel amount to stay beneath the smoke tollerance

-For isolating the intercooler or other parts its just using your creativity , i used the underpart of a drinking flask to seal one hose , connected to the intercooler of and the upper part of the drinking flask to the other connected hose of the intercooler and a bicycle pump with pressure meter to connect with the drinking part of the upper flask.
You dont need smoke that way its either leaking or not so its good or replacing.
The 2 weak spots for leaking is the intercooler or the rubber gasket of the silencer close to the crankcase .

-you always will have some oil/water condensation in the parts behind the crankcase breatherits normal when not excessive oilconsumption is occuring , a self modified catchcan can reduce it somewhat.

So if after the injector cleaning the correction values in vida stay high, its time for a compression test in the glowplug holes.... but be carefull not to break them put some wd40 in days before and take them out with an warm engine , and torque them back lightly

Last edited by 5cilinder; Jan 4th, 2024 at 12:39.
5cilinder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 5cilinder For This Useful Post: