View Single Post
Old Jan 9th, 2024, 23:14   #5
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrM83 View Post
Due to one issue or another I am wondering if I should try regularly trickle charging my T8.

Ive read reference on this forum on numerous occasions to not trickle charging the battery on the left hand side of the boot directly, and instead connecting to the terminal points under the bonnet.

Ive struggled to find any Volvo reference that supports this notion, on the contrary, the below link talks about the battery in the boot and in the same breath mentions trickle charging with no mention of needing to connect under the bonnet. Before I buy a CTEK lead to attach direct to the battery in the boot, can anyone inform me where the "must be trickle charged by connecting to bonnet terminals" message comes from?

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support...a801515b6d74b8

Thanks
There is a battery monitor unit on the battery negative cable near the terminal end.. if you clip a charger across the battery terminals this Battery monitor will not measure the current flow It stores a lot of information . so that's why the charging negative lead has to go to the body of the car on the special terminal provided.. so that the charging current goes through the battery monitor and the data is stored.