Thread: V70 Body/Trim: - V70 Headlights
View Single Post
Old Jan 16th, 2024, 09:34   #8
Thassos
GoldMember

Smile might help..

Morning, all may not be lost with your existing headlamps, having been there and managed to get mine back to almost new appearance (they also had a prev refurb done by a local co) depends a bit on if youre prepared to have a go.. polishing only works if you have the right approach, i would suggest trying a small area first to see what is achievable.. then if no luck look at finding some from a breaker. First use even 240 grit (gently) then 800 grit with soap and water, washing off as you go (the wet surface will appear good, but drying off will appear hazy at which point youre thinking ive just made these worse !).. next you need a rotary pad/drill and a polishing paste from mezerma (they do several red, amber, green going from course=1000 to fine=3000 with this stage you should be able to get to water clear even after drying off any water ... after this though you need to spray very fine layers of hardcoat uv resist clear laquer (hb body do these in rattle cans, which can work if you have plenty of time, but needs to be at 20c indoor temp) so if you have a paint shop that can do this part it might be another option, you can also polish the laquer inbetween coats but only when its fully dry & hardened !, so easier done with the headlamps off the car (front bumper off which isnt too difficult to do), all of this takes time but can get the headlights back to almost like new state. Ill post some pics if any help, i did mine on the car but this time of year not an option if your going to hardcoat / spray them out side.
Thassos is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Thassos For This Useful Post: