View Single Post
Old Jan 16th, 2024, 18:29   #12
sk546
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
They're clearly trying to avoid paying out. Perhaps suggest to the warranty company that they get an independent engineer (that they appoint) to confirm the diagnosis?

Also, as it's a known problem I'd ask the dealer to ask Volvo for a contribution to the replacement cost.
The MY20 cars had fuel powered auxiliary (parking) heaters fitted and these units do not have a history of failing like the newer High Voltage coolant heaters used on the later cars and so are not a known problem at all. So much so that I've only really seen mention of one other fuel fired heater not operating (but that could be this thread when I originally read it).

Regardless of there being or not being a fault code, it should be very easy to check if the unit is operational or not i.e. select cabin pre-conditioning via the app or take the car out in elec mode with an engineer with the diagnostic unit plugged in to see if it operates or if the ICE fires up to warm the cabin.
Like Lexman says, getting an independent engineer to confirm shouldn't be an issue.

Previous - MY20 XC60 T8 Polestar Engineered - Onyx Black - Sensus
sk546 is offline   Reply With Quote