View Single Post
Old Jan 19th, 2024, 10:37   #5
Steve 940
Premier Member

John,

Wise words indeed, knowledge is power, as they say.

Since joining Volvo ownership in 2021, the information on this forum in the FAQ pages is a wonderful source of information. Generally, if I haven’t been able to find out, then someone somewhere knows the answer. The only problem is that these chaps don’t go on forever, and the preservative of information or knowledge is only perhaps appreciated once it’s lost.

I have seen many remarks about Volvo Green Books and there must be all sorts of historic service / maintenance guides produced in period. It would be great if there was a central site that pulls together all this stuff. Daresay Mr Volvo (Geely) these days wouldn’t be interested in digitising any archives, but would be good if clubs in UK / USA / EU could somehow coordinate.

Could also apply the clubs sourcing parts for remanufacture. I did see on a 140 International Facebook page, as chap was remaking the quarter light hinge and fixing, and was looking for possible number of interested owners. The original blueprints I assume are with Volvo, if they could be digitised, then clubs could remanufacture virtually anything needed.

Suppose it comes down to cost / benefit…….

Cheers
Steve
Steve 940 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve 940 For This Useful Post: