Thread: ABS coming on
View Single Post
Old Feb 7th, 2024, 11:16   #5
Luxobarge
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by liammedler View Post
Does the temperature affect when the ABS is activated/when the light comes on? I found that in very low temperatures the ABS light would stay off but anything above -2deg the light would come on. I found this was the hairline cracks in the ABS ECU soldered joints. After a session with a soldering iron it was sorted
He's saying that the light doesn't come on at all, just that the ABS activates under normal braking, i.e. the wheels are not skidding, but the ABS module thinks they are. This is usually due to messy or missing signals from the sensors due to corrupted and poor reading of the spikes on the reluctor rings, which in turn is usually due to corrosion or cracking.

Because the ABS light is NOT coming on, I doubt that it's the soldered joints in the ABS unit on this occasion. It's perfectly possible, but rare to have that problem and NOT see the ABS light.