View Single Post
Old Feb 16th, 2024, 14:14   #63
V60 probably

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDufster View Post
Oh dear, reading this with dismay.

My XC90 is up for change in June and due to price increases, I can no longer afford an XC90 (I'm on my 6th). So, I'm looking at an XC60, either personal deal (petrol) or Company Car (PHEV).

Got the option for full electric via salary sacrifice, but the premium models (Volvo and non-Volvo) are way too expensive and I'm still not convinced on the whole EV thing anyway.

I'll pop in to my local dealer on the way home and have a chat with them.
If it's of any help, I drove a Mercedes EQC EV for two years as a company car. The car itself and the EV propulsion were superb andit was a very enjoyable car to drive. I had free charging at work, so the cost wasn't relevant. However, the range went from 240 miles in summer, to 165 miles in winter and the charging, whist rapid, I found a real pain. Having to plan in an hour's stop to charge, on any round trip over 170 miles in winter wore thin very quickly. I went form EV to PHEV with my V60 recharge (2021) and I love it; setting off to drive 300 miles, knowing it will take me 5 minutes to refuel is almost exciting! Obviously, only my opinion, but something to bear in mind if you're as impatient as I am!

Prevously: 1992 440ti, 1997 S40 1.8, 2000 S80 2.4.
V60 probably is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to V60 probably For This Useful Post: