View Single Post
Old Feb 20th, 2024, 17:54   #13
rhd443

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikespike View Post
Thanks. Will certainly raise a complaint. Unsurprising they are not registered with the motor ombudsman
Unfortunately these aftermarket warranties aren't worth the paper they are written on.

I have had one of these in the past, warranty wise, which was sponsored by Quinton Wilson at the time, they refused a claim when we found a water leak from the waterpump attached to the Cambelt.

They argued that the leak was there before we bought the vehicle (months prior to the leak starting as the coolant went down)

They did this from some photos, I have a mechanic friend who says they would only offer very low labour rates if I was successful on a claim, and they wouldn't pay for a new Cambelt to go back on, so they would have had us refit an older Cambelt to the car and only pay for the water pump and £30 labour rates to my garage mechanic.

He did the work for me, sent me an official invoice, I pushed warranty wise and complained, even asked Quinton Wilson to check the waterpump we have in our hands to prove to me that it had been leaking for months, and magically they paid up.

Still a cheap rate in the payment they sent, but they did pay up for the parts needed and I paid for the belt myself.

So to be honest, if you found a garage willing to be involved in a claim, go ahead, otherwise, just pay for it all to be done properly yourself and make a counter claim on them.
rhd443 is offline   Reply With Quote