View Single Post
Old Feb 22nd, 2024, 15:53   #6
bananarama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev0607 View Post
If there was a fault with the TMAP sensor (the one on the intercooler), normally that would say something like "Barometric pressure correlation".

Are you using VIDA or a generic code reader?

I think the MAF and MAP sensors look very similar though, maybe that's why there's some confusion.

The MAF is easy to get to. You could remove it, give it a spray of electrical contact cleaner, refit and wipe the code... see if the code comes back or not. Make sure the engine is off/ignition isn't on when you do this. Also ensure the sensor is thoroughly dry before you refit it.
Just to clarify, there are 3 sensors: MAF, TMAP and MAP? Only the first 2 will include temperature?

I'm using the Car Scanner app on my phone along with a Bluetooth OBD (I would prefer VIDA but haven't got round to it). A month ago on my 2011 V70 D3 I replaced the TMAP sensor and it was obvious from the error code it was that sensor. On my dad's S60 (same engine and year) it's not obvious to me. Either way I'll clean the sensors, clear the codes, and check the temperature readings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal9000f View Post
If it turns out to be the MAF, this could help perhaps:

MAF Mass Airflow Sensor Possible Cheap Fix / Replacement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtQnE1QW-jU

(Secure Five star Torx screw to unscrew)

BOSCH F 00C 2G2 064
I like this guy, very soothing voice and great educator
bananarama is offline   Reply With Quote