View Single Post
Old Feb 23rd, 2024, 22:35   #14
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christoh View Post
My 'ideal car' does not exist, but it would be a V60 Cross Country with T6 Plug in hybrid engine. Instead, I am considering buying a used Volvo V60 T6, 3 or 4 years old, under 50k miles. Budget up to £30k. I do not want an SUV.

I would like to soften the ride over potholes (loads where I live) and raise the ground clearance for occasional use off-road (e.g. during a fishing trip in Scotland last year, my current BMW 3 series estate bottomed out).

I'd love the forum's help with this... these are my first thoughts
  • I could fit a Spaccer lift kit https://www.spaccer.com/en_GB/makes-...vo/v60-ii-8491 and achieve extra 12mm ground clearance. Or fit 2 at each wheel and get 24mm extra
  • This would allow me to fit tyres with a higher side wall: going from 235/45/18 to 235/55/18 for example gets me another 10mm and would improve the ride.
Are these ideas naive? Are there other suggestions? Like I said, I do not want an SUV, so please don't say 'Buy an XC60'
I think that may be the issue... "My 'ideal car' does not exist."

As you don't want an SUV (fair enough), I'd be inclined to go for a V60 CC and just accept the fact that the engine you want sadly doesn't exist. You can't have what isn't available.

The V60 CC has been designed to have better ground clearance than the V60 from the factory. I'd go for factory assembly and design over some internet lift kit any day.

You asked if what you were suggesting was naïve. In the nicest way possible, without wishing to cause any offence, I really think it is.