View Single Post
Old Feb 27th, 2024, 01:09   #4
SalvadorP
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
It looks as though your car has both the dog guard and the rear-facing child seats. This is contrary to the manufacturer's specification, primarily because it seals the fate of your cargo-space passengers in the event of an accident. However, I think the seat belts that go with that seat share some of the same mounting points which may be why they have been omitted.

Original instructions for fitting either accessory are hard (impossible) to find online although there is some information in the FAQ. The attached are relevant pages from the options manual, including the safety warning.
I did notice the guard after posting my comment.
But Forrest, OP seems to think that the seats/system is somehow diy, which it is not. Those seats are the correct seats and they actually look well preserved. I think the owner just assembled all the extras he had to make the car look good for the sale.

btw, here a video of the assembly on a 940/740. I imagine the 960 is similar if not the same. [YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=qIlVyrBAdwY[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by SalvadorP; Feb 27th, 2024 at 01:32.
SalvadorP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SalvadorP For This Useful Post: